Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tagged!

My friend Holly tagged me, it is about my husband, Brad.

 

*Where did you meet? We met while on our missions in Thailand. Our houses were right next door to each other and he used to cut down coconuts from their tree and give them to me.

*How long did you date before you were married? We got home from Thailand in February, started dating in April, engaged in June and were married in August ( almost 6 months to the day from getting home from our missions).

*How long have you been married? 10 years

*What is your favorite feature of his? His beautiful blue eyes and his bum!

*What is your favorite quality of his? There are so many! I love how spontaneous he is, he always brings fun into our lives. He is loving and romantic. He is the best dad, the kids can never get enough of him! I could probably go on forever.........

*Does he have a nickname for you? I don't think so.

*Does he have a favorite color? I think it changes all the time. I know he likes blue and green.

*What is his favorite food? Definitely Thai food, but he is also a lover of fine foods.

*What is his favorite sport? Probably Dr. Mario on the Wii! He isn't into regular sports. Not into sports or hunting, how did I get so lucky?! Ha,ha,ha!

*When and where was your first kiss? On my porch. I was so sick with a cold that all I wanted to do was go inside and go to sleep, but the next morning when I woke up and remembered that he kissed me I was so excited. I think I danced through work that day!

*What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?  It doesn't matter what we are doing, as long as we are together.

*Do you have any children? 4, Samantha, Braden, Ethan, and Jacob.

*Does he have a hidden talent? Playing piano, but that isn't so hidden. And he is an awesome cook. Ethan is always telling him "Daddy you are a good Chef!"

*How old is he? 31, I am 1 year and 3 months older than him, but if you ask him I am like 20yrs older!

*Who said I love you first? I believe it was him.

*What is his favorite type of music? His first love is classical, but he also loves Good Charlotte, Panic at the disco, Coldplay and other groups of that genre.

*What do you admire most about him? His ability to teach himself anything and his dedication. I also admire how in shape he has become, he has accomplished so much in the last year and a half.

n589186467_729741_2175

n589186467_1395545_1343

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                               Before                                                                After

Good Job Sweetheart!

 

I tag Shelley, Lydia, and Gina.

9 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I admire Brad for his perseverance in losing the weight, too! Way to go Brad! I don't know if I've ever required that kind of dedication for anything...knock on wood! Loved getting to know more about you two! You're so cute together! Hope you don't think me forward, April, but I love Brad's smile! It so obviously reaches his eyes and is totally genuine.

Holly said...

It's so fun to tag people and then learn more about them! Kudos to Brad for working out and eating good and I've noticed you've started running too, good job. Now I just need to get my lazy butt exercising again!

Cameron said...

"his bum!"

ewwww...

Jamie said...

I love hearing how he would cut down coconuts for you!! he has lost a lot of weight! good job !

Heather Walker said...

Brad's before and after pics are definitely amazing! You did such a good job on that last tag, that I'm tagging you again...the instructions are at the bottom of my forever long blog post.

Gina said...

I loved that post. I will try my best to be a good postee.

I was thinking about both of you the other day. We went out to eat at Bankok Thai. It has taken me about 5 years to convince Eric to take me to a Thai restaurant. He is not a lover of fine foods. Unfortunate for me, as I am. I ordered green curry with some veggies and chicken. It was "medium" and fairly hot, but I loved it. It was so yummy, yummy, yummy. Eric ordered something like cashew chicken. Luckily, he actually liked it and it wasn't too hot. I had a bite of his. Yummy too. I took one more bite, but didn't see the Thai, dry, red pepper. It ends up that I was sucking ice cubes for about half an hour (I am not even exaggerating). My tongue and lips were so burning hot. It truly felt like they had caught on fire. It was the worst mouth pain ever. I couldn't even talk for a while. I am sure you must have had this experience a time or two on your mission. I remember you and Brad making all the roomies Thai dinner way back when. We smashed something hot and something fruity in some type of bowl at your direction. We sat in a circle on the ground. We passed around a roll of toilet paper because the food was so hot our noses were running. I do remember it being so dang good. We should do that again. Ahh...memories. I hope you liked that walk down memory road.

Alison said...

I've been enjoying this particular tag, but also glad I've not been tagged. Yours and Shelley's and Lyndee's (well everybody's) are so eloquent. I don't think I could compare.

Hey, I have 3 tickets to the next BYU game sitting in my house. If anyone you know wants them (especially Brad's family :), let me know.

Lydia said...

April, I am so glad that you are blogging. It makes me so happy to be able to get a little bit of you from time to time.

Great post! All this time I had been thinking that you guys got home in January. Why did I think that? What day did you come home?

I don't know if I will be able to live up to your tag. I actually haven't done that many tags. I don't think I could handle the pressure. Plus, who wants to hear about another set of "high school sweethearts" honestly?

Lydia said...

Fine I did it. I started to feel bad that I would appear that I don't love my husband as much as you and Shelley do.