Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Someday!

DSCN1159

For as long as I can remember I have wanted a Ford Mustang. Not just any old mustang but one from the 60's. Those were the best years! Right after high school I came very close to buying one, it was beautiful. It was white with red pin stripe and red leather interior. But then came the hard news that you actually had to have credit to get a loan. :(  Silly me! So the dream slipped through my fingers. Then after my mission I lived with my brother and his family, my brother being a mechanic and sharing my love for mustangs talked me into buying a fixer upper. We had great plans of making it beautiful. I bought it from his neighbor for a whopping $250 and we had to push it down the street to my brothers driveway. I would sometimes go out and sit in it and close my eyes and pretend I was cruising down the highway, my eyes definitely had to be closed so I could ignore all the rust and holes in the floorboard! But alas it was not meant to be, shortly thereafter I married and you all know how that goes, we were trying to put food on the table not throwing money into dreams. So it was sold for a mere $200 dollars, which happily put more food on the table and probably bought a few diapers for our little one.

So in August when Brad and I were on a little get away for our anniversary I saw this little old gray haired couple getting into a beautiful mustang and I asked Brad if I had to be that old to finally own one, he laughed and said no. But I can see it now, Brad and I cruising down the highway with gray hair and sagging body parts, feeling cool in our shiny red convertible 'stang. Of course I will be driving, and for kicks and giggles and to relive the old days we will be listening to something like New Kids on the Block (Brad will probably have earplugs in). But until that day I will just have to sit in the parking lot at Walmart and covet all the one I see there!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Someday. I can just picture you sitting in that rusty car. That is awesome!

Holly said...

I learned something new about you. You'll have your car someday, who cares if it's when you're old and wrinkly;)

Hintze Family said...

I don't know if I've ever told you, but my boyfriend my Senior year in High School had a maroon Ford Mustang that he was fixing up. The outside looked awesome since he had already had the paint job done, but he was still working on the inside. I think he had a bucket in their for the seat!
Anyway, it added to his HOTNESS for me, but after our first couple of dates of him picking me up in his parents cars; I asked him why he didn't drive his. He said that it was still a work in progress and that I could ride in it when he had it all done. During the course of our relationship I kept asking for a ride in his cool car, but he would never let me. Come to find out, his previous girl friend had refused to ride in it because it was such a "clunker". So thanks to her not-good-enough attitude; I never even got to sit in it! :(