Monday, March 2, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby.....Can't Touch This!

Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer came in concert on Friday and my awesome Sister-in-Law, Tosha, won me and Brad tickets. It was such a blast from the past!

 pic1

Here is Vanilla Ice doing his thing.

It was fun being there and seeing everyone dress up like the 80's. The funny thing I noticed is that probably 3/4 of the people who were there either weren't alive or were still in diapers when these artists were famous the first time! Good Times! Also after seeing the styles they were sporting I have to say some of those styles really need to stay dead and buried!

pic2

This is the best picture I have of Hammer. He is the one on the left side wearing a red long sleeve shirt, black vest, black pants and black hat. In this picture he had invited up a bunch of people from the crowd to party with him.

He was pretty entertaining too. You could tell he loved being on the stage again and hearing the crowd yell "Go Hammer, Go Hammer, Go!". It was cute because he had his 13 year old son up on stage as one of his dancers, the mom in me wanted to cry cause it was so cute seeing father and son work together!

This was the first time Brad has been down on the floor in a concert so it was quite the experience for him. He loved it! Me, I kind of got tired of the pushing and I was still so sore from working out that the craziness kind of became a little much for me. But it was fun seeing Brad enjoy it.

4 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

That is the cutest picture of you and Brad! I love it! It's true...so many of the excited fans for this concert weren't even alive the first time around! My 14-year-old sister-in-law was saying how bad she wanted to go and I was thinking...how do you even know who these people are?! LOL. Glad you had a great time!

Holly said...

Ohhh I wish I could've been there. I've heard boys II Men are coming to Wendover, I just might have to beg Cam to take me! I saw them when I was 12 and they were awesome!

By the way I loved your new dress you wore yesterday. Green is your color!

Wendi said...

It's funny but I can totally relate to you tearing up about Hammer and his son jamming together... it's totally the mom in us, but I feel like I see things now in a way that I never saw things before. The bond between a father and his child is the most special and amazing thing! I love that you appreciate it too! Go Hammer!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had fun! Looks like a blast. I am glad you guys got to go! So random that I won something on the radio! I try all the time and NEVER win! You guys are so awesome! Love ya!