Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer of Fun!

   Wow, it was a fun and crazy summer! Due to having a broken computer and not taking the time to write, I haven't written forever. So here is my summer catch up blog.

I was determined to not sit home this summer. I figured that my kids were getting older and I was going to be brave and go places with them by myself and we had a blast. Our days were filled with picnics at the park, mini golf at Trafalga, slides at Seven Peaks, rides at Lagoon and bridge jumping off an old bridge in Lehi. Needless to say I am kind of tired now and ready to spend a little quality quiet time at home. Here are a few pictures of our adventures:

Bridge Jumping in Lehi:

IMGP8962 Sami and her cousin Kyleigh

 

 

 

 

 

IMGP8959

Sami and her cousin Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

The whole family had fun jumping except for Ethan and Jacob who just watched.

Hanging out at the Park:

DSCN0277

DSCN0281

DSCN0278  DSCN0291

Lagoon:

DSCN0313

Sami and Braden cooling off in the fountains.

DSCN0322 DSCN0325

DSCN0620 DSCN0622

 

You can't tell by these pictures, but Jacob was not a fan of the Merry-go-round. He screamed the whole time!

DSCN0627DSCN0628

DSCN0634

 

He was a bigger fan of the train!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Good Charlotte Concert:

It has been a while since I have been to this kind of concert. It was fun but I have to admit that it was kind of nice to be old enough to stand up in the bar area away from the mosh pit. I was content to stand up there watching the show while sipping on my Pepsi.

DSCN0473

 

We went with our friends, Mike and Heather Walker.

 

 

 

When the first group came out on stage, I had the momentary thought of "what the heck am I doing here", they looked like they were 14 years old, but soon that was all forgotten and my old concert going self  took over and I had a blast! We got to listen to 4 groups; The Maine, Metro Station, Good Charlotte and Boys Like Girls. When "GC" was on stage we were graced with the presence of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. They were sitting right off on the side of the stage, woohoo! lucky us!

4th of July in Oak City:

DSCN0334

 

The 4ht of July in Delta is the one time of year that the redneck in me comes out. I look forward to the Crash up Derby all year long! I love dust flying, engines burning and metal crunching! It is so fun! I think the rest of the family likes it too, but I am too enthralled to notice.

DSCN0431

DSCN0442

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was my favorite hit of the whole night! The guy on top had been in like 3 other rounds that night, but each time he got in the arena his car wouldn't start so he would end up sitting there watching everyone else compete. This was the last event of the night and his car finally worked and this was his one and only hit. He hit the other car so hard that it flipped it and his car went on top of it. The driver was so excited he jumped out of his car and ran a victory lap, then he checked on the other driver. The crowd went wild!!!

Jacob and Sami's Birthdays:

 

DSCN0457

 

Jacob is One!

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN0460

DSCN0464

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMGP8976

 

Sami is Nine!

 

 

 

 

 

First she had a party with family then she had one with friends. The theme of her friends party was  a Pajama Party.

DSCN0638 DSCN0640

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These were the cakes Sami picked out and I made one for each of the girls.

DSCN0649 DSCN0658

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The girls decorated pillow cases and made flower necklaces.

DSCN0672

DSCN0675

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After opening presents they ate cake and then headed outside to play night games and have a pajama fashion show. We ended the evening with a movie and at 10:00pm I took them all home. Much better then a sleepover!

Family Vacation:

Okay I know this may not sound very exciting, but for our family vacation we stayed in a Hotel in Layton and took the kids to Lagoon, the dinosaur park and the aircraft museum at Hill Air Force Base. It was a ton of fun.DSCN0589

The kids got to make paper rockets and launch them.

DSCN0551 DSCN0528

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN0594

 

 

The kids liked the Dinosaur Museum in Ogden. We could barely keep up with them, they were running around trying to see everything.

 

 

 

 

DSCN0602

DSCN0611

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN0599

 

 

I love being with my family, it is good to have nothing to do except focus on my kids and husband.

 

When all the fun was over it was time to focus on getting ready for school.

First day of School:

DSCN0711

 

Sami is now in 4th grade and Braden is in 1st. They both love their teachers and are glad to be back , seeing their old friends and making new ones.

 

 

 

 

 

IMGP9000

 

Ethan started his first day of Preschool. He is excited to be like his older brother and sister.

 

 

IMGP9008

 

 

 

 

 

He has had this backpack for a whole year and is so excited to finally be using it.

 

The house sure is quiet with just me and Jacob at home. It is a lot easier to get things done without a herd of elephants running through the house. It is also fun to have that quiet time to spend with Jake and Ethan.

 

Last but not Least...

No Training Wheels:

DSCN0714 DSCN0721

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It amazes me how much Ethan is growing up. He wants to keep up with his older brother and sister. One day his friend took off his training wheels and he just started to ride. I came outside and there he was riding like a big boy. He is so proud of himself!

8 comments:

Heather Walker said...

Wow, that is quite the blog post April! It was fun looking through all of your pics. Those cakes are amazing--it looks like you threw Sami quite the party!

Holly said...

The first time I saw Ethan riding without training wheels he was screaming at the top of his lungs "I'm riding without training wheels" over and over again up and down the street, it was awesome!!! I love having your kids at my house, they are really good kids!

Lydia said...

Sweet! I am so excited for Ethan. Awesome. I am glad that you finally posted something! Good job. You guys have had a crazy summer. I am so jealous.

k- said...

Happy Birthday! and my favortite parts of your post were the redneck in you and the cakes for Sammy's birthday! the kids are looking adorable!

Ivy said...

Hey April, I found you on facebook and Michelle's blog tonight! How are you? Your family is beautiful!!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I hope everything goes ok!

Location: Brigham City, UT said...

Hey April!! It's Shelley Bowen. I caught your blog from Kelly Jasper's blog. Hope you don't mind?!? It is so cute. So much fun to see you and all of your grown up children!! WOW! Hey, it was good seeing you at lagoon too. What are the chances? Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

Good to see you are back in the race. Sounds like a fun summer. Great! So fun to see pictures of you too. You look great!

Jamie said...

Those cakes are so darn cute!! we missed you on Friday but we will have to do another get together so you can come along!!!