Thursday, September 11, 2008

Calling All Shoppers!

As many of you know my mom, Peggy, is in desperate need of a double hip replacement. She has struggled for some time with a lot of pain. She was scheduled to have the surgery on July 1st but that date has come and gone along with a couple of other dates because she was waiting to see if she would qualify for medicaid. We were told all along that they deny everyone right off the bat but we were holding out hope..... she was denied. We can fight it but in the mean time she is suffering. I wasn't quite sure what to do about it until one day a flyer was put on our door. The Activity Day girls in our ward are doing a fund raiser in her behalf. On Sat. the 13th (this Saturday) they are doing a "Movie Under the Stars" at our local park, they are asking for donations and selling goodies.  This touched my heart because I was told that this idea came from the girls because they wanted to do something to help my mom. I realized that I couldn't sit  around any more hoping something would happen so also this Saturday, the 13th, we are doing a Huge Yard Sale. I have sent flyers home with all the kids at the elementary school and put ads on KSL and craigslist.com and have had a good response. A lot has been donated to sell and I am hoping we have a good turn out. So if you like to go to yard sales, come and shop and know that all the proceeds are going to a good cause. And if you have any other ideas of what we can do please let me know. I have learned that God won't do everything for you, he wants you to learn how to help yourself and he will always be there for support and guidance.

The yard sale starts at 8am and will be at my house, 1470 Raptor Rd, Eagle Mountain. My # is 801-789-2749, if you have any questions. Thank you everyone and thanks for all the prayers in my moms behalf.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

We're passing the word along for you April :) Good luck with everything this weekend - and don't forget to post and update us on the progress!

Alison said...

John will be there Saturday. I told him to go for me.

Nic said...

How did it go? PS-Happy very late Birthday to you. Hope it was a good one.

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

SUPER FUN! Especially the part about spitting in Brayden's mouth.