Sunday, September 28, 2008

Girls Birthday Bash!

So my friend Shelley and I only have a month between our birthdays and we love to party so this year we planned to have a big girls night birthday party. Shelley owns time share so we booked a big 3 bedroom condo up Ogden Canyon at Wolf Creek and invited a few friends. We were so excited to get away and just relax, then a week before we were to leave Shelley's sister and friend had an awesome idea, we all should wear old Prom dresses! We thought the idea was hilarious so I grabbed my old prom dress and Shelley put on a dress she had we walked around the neighborhood personally inviting our friends and let them in on the new theme for our party, we were glad when everyone seemed excited for it.

Us in our beautiful dresses! Don't you like the white tennis shoes, I think that made the outfit.

Unfortunately my dress wouldn't zip up so I chose to wear a different one the day of our party.DSCN0950

Here are a few of the girls before we left. It was fun to see all the side pony tails, crimped hair, hair bows and scunchies! Oh the memories!

We all went to this really cute store called "Dear Lizzie" to do some window shopping and eat lunch in their bistro. We got lots of fun looks from people and there was this one little girl who was talking to her grandma about all the pretty princess dresses and telling her which ones were her favorite. Shelley knows the owner of the store and she loved that we came to have a tea party there, she wouldn't let us leave without taking a picture first! The girls from left to right starting in the back: Kelly Jasper, Lynette Story, Holly Robinson, Julie Nelson, Katie Gee, Becky Lillie, Cami Callister, Shelley Anderson, Angie Monson and me.

After lunch we headed up to the condo and relaxed a little. We cooked spaghetti for dinner and while we ate we couldn't help giggling about how quiet it was with no kids there. DSCN0959

Here we are enjoying our quiet dinner.

After dinner we went for a walk and decided to see what there was to do at the condos.

 DSCN0965

 

We played tether ball, volley ball and tennis.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN0994

 

 

 

Shelley and her sister, Angie, showing off their awesome skills.

 

 

 

 

Then we headed back to the condo for a little karaoke. It was fun to let loose and feel like a teenager again.

DSCN1005

My favorite part was when my friend Cami and I got to serenade everyone with a little New Kids on the Block! Oh, the good old days!

Our friend Julie also made us the famous Chocolate cake that we always make for each other on our birthdays. It usually looks ugly but tastes delicious!

DSCN1001

DSCN1003

 

The girls wrapped up razors and laundry detergent in paper towels so that we would have presents to unwrap!

 

 

We ended the evening by hanging out in the hot tub, doing pedicures and watching "Never Been Kissed". It was such a fun night, thanks girls! I can't wait until next year!

4 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

What a fun night! It's always so much fun to get together with girlfriends and just let loose. BTW, Katie's been stressed lately...I'm so glad that you invited her and that she was able to go...I love to see her so happy! She obviously had a great time; along with everyone else!

Jamie said...

I about choked laughing at your beautiful dress, you should try wearing it to church one of these days *I am blog stalking the cool people from the ward.* BTW we are doing a girls night at my house at 7:00 this Friday and watching scary movies. Now that I am not pregnant hopefully I can get to know more people LOL

Gina said...

What a fun night. Nothing sounds sweeter.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! FUN! FUN! FUN! I want to party like a teenager again!! I miss you guys, you were always so much fun to be goofy with. I'm looking for more goofy in my life. :) I totally love the prom dress idea, that is hilarious! If you guys are ever out Michigan way, you should call us up and we can play!