Monday, November 17, 2008

"Hangin' Tough" with "The Right Stuff"

NKOTB

So as many of you already know, on Saturday I went to the New Kids on the Block concert. I had talked myself out of being very excited about it because I kept thinking to myself that it would be kind of silly to watch grown men dance around on stage like teenagers, but let me tell you, as soon as they stepped foot on stage I was 14 all over again! It was so much fun!

So lets take a little walk down memory lane......

nkotb

Here are my ticket stubs. The top is from last Sat., Nov.15,2008 and the bottom is from Sept. 1, 1990.

nkotb2

This me 18 years ago at my first New Kids concert. I am on the far left looking down, then it's my friends Cami, Shar, and Yvette, my mom is taking the picture and yes she went with us because we were too young to drive ourselves.

nkotb1

These were the New Kids I feel in love with all those many years ago. And by the way in case you were wondering, Donnie was my favorite. I loved the rebel in him, he was hot!!!!!

 

And now I am going to really put myself out there. I will probably be made fun of for this, but remember I was young and oh so in love. I used to write poems and NKOTB was the inspiration for a fair number of them, so I thought I would share with all of you my awesome talent.

                     Donnie

Donnie you are so very sweet,

your smile knocks me off my feet.

When I hear your name,

I scream and shout and go insane.

Your looks are so fine,

I want you to be mine.

My love for you is very strong,

I hope this lasts oh so long.

 

       New Kids on the Block

They are the New Kids on the Block

and they are here to rock!

Jordan's got the move

and Donnie's got the groove,

Joey's got the butt

and Danny's got the strut,

Jon is shy,

but he's a really sweet guy,

they are here to stay

and they're never going away!

 

Okay hold your applause! I know it is mind boggling that I could come up with such earth moving verses, but it is a rare talent!

So now we come to the present time.....

DSCN1234

 

Here Cami and I are again, a little older and more mature. Of course when the lights went off and the music started playing all maturity went out the window!

 

DSCN1235

 

I also went with my sister, Tana, and my cousins wife, Lorri. My mom  chose not to come with us this time since we could drive ourselves.

 

DSCN1247

 

Yep, that's my Donnie!

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN1258

DSCN1267

 

Donnie is the one in the red hat holding up a shirt that a girl threw to him. It said "I love mormon girls".

 

 

DSCN1257

It was fun to get away and act like a kid again! If they come back I will probably go again, they were quite entertaining. The big difference between then and now is I wasn't swooning over how hot they all were. I have my own New Kid now, he inspires my poems and he is better than all my old dreams. And he does have "The Right Stuff" and "I'll Be Loving Him Forever"!

6 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I was totally waiting for this post! LOL. I love the part at the end where Brad is your New Kid...very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Wow. . . . I wont lie. . . I got a little teary-eyed on the last part of your post.
You are such an awesome mom! I love that you love to do these things. These are the things that will keep you young forever!!! (not that you are old or anything:)
Looks like you had a blast! Donni was my first crush I can remember! I was pretty young but I remember my sisters all loving and swooning over them so I thought it was the thing to do. . . I loved him. I had a big laminated pin for my shirt with a big close up of Donnie on it and while you were writing sweet nothings in memorie of there greatness, I was practicing my kissing skills on the big picture/pin I had of them! I love this post. YOu are so great!
You guys need to come out to our house and have a movie night with us. We dont have any furniture down stairs but tax returns are coming!!!! I will call you so we can plan a get together!

Ivy said...

Hey April, it's Ivy. We changed our blog location. Email me at busivy@msn.com so I can add you to our invite list!

Your post was so cute, and your poems remind me of the poems I used to write when I was younger...lol! You and Cami look the same, and I didn't even recognize Tanna! She's all grown up!!

Keep on bloggin, it's been fun to read!

Holly said...

I love your reason for why your mom didn't come:) I wish I would've gone now! I think my favorite back in the day was Johnathon. Great memories!:)

Jamie said...

LOL Iam glad you had such a blast!!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

Great Poems! wow I think you could've won free concert tix with those! Brad should be proud