Monday, December 22, 2008

"All I want for Christmas is my two front stitches!"

DSCN1482

Poor Sami! Her first official day of Christmas break and not even half way through the day she trips while playing out in the snow and smacks her mouth on the neighbors porch! So we braved the blizzard that was going on outside and went to the doctors so she could get two stitches right below her lip. She was so brave and so was I, this was the first time any of my kids have had to have stitches so it was a new thing for me too. Sami was proud of herself because she didn't cry while they were stitching her up.

6 comments:

Ivy said...

Oh, poor girl! Poor mommy too! I'm glad you guys were so brave. Did you guys get a treat when you were all done?

Lyndee W. said...

Poor thing! I remember when I was about 8 or 9, I fell off the swings and my two top teeth went right through my bottom lip {below the lip actually, right above my chin}...the stitches sucked but it was nice to eat ice cream and yogurt! What a brave girl you are Sami...I cry about everything!

Hintze Family said...

I'm sorry Sami! feel better soon. I think being so brave will most definitely put you on the nice list.

Jamie said...

How sad!!! Hope she gets feeling better soon!!!

Holly said...

That's terrible! I hope she's feeling better!

Location: Brigham City, UT said...

I have to comment!! Chylee did this to her lip when she was 3, same side, different senario(fell out of bed & hit the hardwood)....but all the same it is on the same side of her face. I am sorry you had to experience that. Hope all is well. Miss you guys!
Love, Shelley Bowen